What is Marijuana?
Marijuana is a dried green mixture of flowers and leaves from the hemp plant, Cannabis Sativa. The main psychoactive chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Following are the most common forms of marijuana.
Loose Leaf: Usually smoked in a rolled cigarette (called a joint or blunt). It can also be smoked in a pipe or water pipe (called a bong) or vaporized (aka "vaping") in a glass, metal or plastic cartridge.
Edibles: THC is processed from marijuana and put into baked goods (example: brownies, cookies, gummy bears). You can also brew marijuana into a tea.
Hashish: Marijuana that has been processed into a tar-like substance. It is usually smoked or used in a vaporizer cartridge. It can be stronger and contain a greater concentration of THC.
Blunt, Boom, Dope, Grass, Hash, Herb, Mary Jane, Pot, Reefer, Skunk, Weed, Chronic, Kush, Sticky Icky, Sinsemilla
Did you know?
- Marijuana is far more potent than it was 20 years ago, and can cause more serious side effects.
- There are differences between eating and smoking marijuana because the active ingredients are absorbed by different parts of the body. Marijuana edibles take longer to effect someone and can last longer.
- Marijuana may lead to the use of other drugs.
- Marijuana use affects the nerve cells, and can reduce motivation, and the ability to speak and to remember things.
- In teenagers, marijuana use can actually change the developing brain structure in areas dealing with memory and problem solving that can effect cognition and academinc performance.
- Long-term use can lead to depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts.
- A single joint contains four times more cancer–causing tar as a filtered cigarette. Smoking marijuana can cause breathing problems like those experienced by cigarette smokers: coughing, wheezing, colds and/or lung infections.
- Since digesting marijuana can take longer to effect someone, a person can easily eat too much and have a bad experience.
Signs of use:
- Blunts, cigar wrappers or loose tobacco in trash
- Red eyes (when smoked)
- Slowed thinking and reaction time
- Impaired coordination
Get more facts: