What are Steroids?
Anabolic steroids are used to increase muscle and bone mass. They are manufactured to imitate testosterone, the male sex hormone. Steroids can be taken by injection, swallowed in capsules, applied as skin patches, or held between the cheek and gum.
Arnolds, Gym Candy, Juice, Pumpers, Stackers, Weight Trainers, Roids
Did you know?
- Steroids are designed to alter the body. Their use can permanently stunt growth.
- Steroids can have a profound effect on personality, causing users to have feelings of invincibility, and to become paranoid, jealous and extremely irritable.
- They cause extreme mood swings, uncontrolled aggression, and violent behavior
- In Males – Shrunken testicles, difficulty urinating, impotence, infertility, hair loss, and the development of breasts
- In Females – Excessive growth of body hair, baldness, changes the menstrual cycle, and a deeper voice
Signs of use:
- Sudden weight gain and increased muscle
- Premature balding
- Severe acne
- Mood swings, from depression to aggression
- Increased injuries, especially to tendons
- Yellow tinge to the skin, indicating abnormal liver function
- Needle marks in large muscles